Web
News
1.
Echo
echo-news.co.uk-news.co.uk

Death notices and funeral announcements across south Essex in the Echo this week

9+ mon, 1+ week ago (234+ words) The Echo published five deaths notice over the past'week. Every week, the Echo publishes death notices and funeral announcements from the families of loved ones who have passed away across south Essex. As well as appearing in print, our death notice pages will remain online as a lasting tribute to the memory of those we have lost. Anyone who wishes to send their own message of condolence can do so by visiting the deceased's death notice page. Here are the most recent notices placed in the Echo: Beloved Brother, precious Uncle, and friend to all. Passed away unexpectedly on the 3rd January 2025.Read PAUL CARLESS's full death notice Southend-on-Sea and formerly Long Walk, Galway Ireland. Beloved Wife of the late George Crickitt.Read Philomena CRICKITT n'e Raftery's full death notice Passed away peacefully on Monday 10th February 2025, aged 89 years. Funeral Service to…...

2.
Echo
echo-news.co.uk-news.co.uk

Death notices and funeral announcements across south Essex from the Echo

8+ mon, 2+ week ago (292+ words) This article is brought to you by our exclusive subscriber partnership with our sister title USA Today, and has been written by our American colleagues. It does not necessarily reflect the view of ... The Echo published seven death notices over the last week. Every week, the Echo publishes death notices and funeral announcements from the families of loved ones who have passed away. Here are the most recent notices placed in the Echo: Sadly passed away Monday 24th February 2025. A loving husband, father and grand father.Read BEDFORD Ronald (06/11/1941)'s full death notice Sadly passed away on Thursday 20th February 2025. A loving Mum, Nan, Great Nan and Sister.Read Marion June MUCKLESTON's full death notice Much loved Mum, Sister and Nanny. Funeral to take place on 12th March 2025 at Southend Crematorium, 1:Read Ann BROUGH n'e Dobinson's full death notice Tony, formerly of Thorpe…...

3.
Echo
echo-news.co.uk-news.co.uk

Death notices and funeral announcements across south Essex in the Echo

7+ mon, 3+ week ago (260+ words) The Echo published five death notices over the last week. Every week, the Echo publishes death notices and funeral announcements from the families of loved ones who have passed away. As well as ... Essex death and funeral notices across from the Echo The Echo published five death notices over the last week. Every week, the Echo publishes death notices and funeral announcements from the families of loved ones who have passed away. As well as appearing in print, our death notice pages will remain online as a lasting tribute to the memory of those we have lost. Anyone who wishes to send their own message of condolence can do so by visiting the deceased's death notice page. Here are the most recent notices placed in the Echo: Passed away peacefully at home on the 22nd February 2025, aged 91. Beloved Husband of Gill,…...

4.
Echo
echo-news.co.uk-news.co.uk

What the papers say – February 22

9+ mon, 1+ week ago (285+ words) This article is brought to you by our exclusive subscriber partnership with our sister title USA Today, and has been written by our American colleagues. It does not necessarily reflect the view of ... Ukraine, Russia and US President Donald Trump combine to feature strongly in Saturday's newspaper front pages headlines. The Daily Telegraph says Sir Keir Starmer is set to announce a new support package for Ukraine, despite Mr Trump's increased pressure on Kyiv to accept a peace deal. The front page of today's Daily Telegraph: 'PM to defy Trump with new aid for Ukraine' " The Telegraph (@Telegraph) February 22, 2025 The Guardian says the Prime Minister is looking to smooth over things with Mr Trump and will not challenge him over attacks on Ukraine's President Volodomyr Zelensky. The iWeekend writes new evidence suggests drone sightings over UK military bases could have…...

5.
Echo
echo-news.co.uk-news.co.uk

In memoriam: south Essex death notices and funeral announcements in the Echo

4+ mon, 3+ day ago (148+ words) The Echo published 4 death notices last week. Every week, the Echo publishes death notices and funeral announcements from the families of loved ones who have passed away. Here are the most recent notices placed in the Echo: It is with great sadness, Pat's family announce she went to sleep on Sunday 6th July 2025, after a long and brave fight with Alzheimer's. A fantastic wife, mum, nanny, great nanny and sister.Read Patricia Louise 'Pat' Shorer's full death notice Died 17th June 2025, aged 96 years. Service to take place on Thursday 17th July, 11:Read Herbert William 'Bert' Darby's full death notice Loving Husband, Brother, Father and Gramps. Sadly missed by Stephanie, Scott, Sarah, Gary, Lucy, Albert, Stanley, Hedley and Karen.Read Nigel Howard Webber's full death notice N'e Symes Engineer, teacher. Died on 04/07/25.Read DHILLON Beatrice Margaret "Betty's full death notice...

6.
Echo
echo-news.co.uk-news.co.uk

Shrimpers fans fundraise to remember ex skipper Barker

9+ mon, 2+ week ago (416+ words) FUNDRAISING is underway to honour former Southend United skipper Chris Barker at Roots Hall. Chris tragically took his own life at the start of 2020. And supporter groups are now rallying together to fund a "Bench for Barks" with the aim of helping anyone experiencing mental health difficulties. A spokesperson for the fundraising campaign explained: "With the support of his family, in Chris"s memory, and with the aim of making a real positive difference, the Southend United ex-Players Association (SUEPA)/the Shrimpers Trust have launched a "Bench for Barks" campaign. "The aim is to raise monies to site at least one very special bench at Roots Hall where it will be accessible 24/7. "The benches are provided by the charity "Legend on the Bench" whose ambassadors include Micky Hazard and World Cup winner Ossie Ardiles. "A bench will not only be…...

7.
Echo
echo-news.co.uk-news.co.uk

Edinburgh Council remarks about Oasis fans ‘snobby’, Scottish Secretary says

3+ mon, 3+ week ago (582+ words) Remarks by Edinburgh council officials suggesting Oasis fans are old, raucous and overweight were "snobby, the Scottish Secretary has said. Ian Murray suggested the comments, made before the band's sold-out reunion tour, were "classist. He said it was part of a wider issue, referencing the alcohol ban at football matches, which is not in place for rugby, which he also described as "snobby. Speaking at the Fringe, comedian Matt Forde told Mr Murray the council was not "excited about Oasis after it suggested the city should be "prepared for an influx of overweight, middle-aged men who drink too much. Mr Murray joked'the description "sounds like a full council meeting, before adding: "I think it's snobby. "I mean, Murrayfield is a great example. You can go and see Scotland versus the All Blacks on a Saturday at three o'clock and get…...

8.
Echo
echo-news.co.uk-news.co.uk

All the team news for Blues' clash with Barnet

10+ mon, 1+ week ago (208+ words) SOUTHEND United boss Kevin Maher is facing selection dilemmas ahead of Saturday's clash with Barnet. The Shrimpers head coach brought in goalkeeper Nathan Harness on loan from MK Dons earlier this week. But, with Collin Andeng Ndi back in training after recovering from an illness, Maher must mull over who to pick between the sticks. "Collin has trained which is good," said Maher. "We'll have to decide what's best on that front and decide what's the best way to go." Harness started Wednesday's night's clash at Boston United but the match had to be abandoned after just seven minutes due to fog. Macauley Bonne and Charley Kendall started in attack but Josh Walker is now edging closer to full fitness " giving Maher another decision to make. "Josh has been able to get some more training in which puts him closer,…...

9.
Echo
echo-news.co.uk-news.co.uk

RTS commits to making special award after Gaza coverage controversy

8+ mon, 2+ week ago (703+ words) The Royal Television Society (RTS) has committed to the return of its special journalism award following pausing the prize over "recent controversy around some Gaza coverage. Earlier this week, current affairs veteran Jonathan Dimbleby, Channel 4 News presenter Krishnan Guru-Murthy, Sky News journalist Alex Crawford and BBC journalists Fergal Keane and Orla Guerin were among those who signed a letter expressing their "shock and disgust at not recognising the journalists of Gaza. The RTS had been set to honour the "journalists at the television journalism awards on March 5 2025, but subsequently reversed this decision on the day of the awards, the letter said. It comes after the BBC apologised for and removed the documentary Gaza: How To Survive A Warzone from iPlayer, saying it had "identified serious flaws in the making of the programme. Channel 4 News admitted that the son of a…...

10.
Echo
echo-news.co.uk-news.co.uk

Friends and family ‘waiting anxiously’ for news of Britons missing in Dolomites

10+ mon, 3+ week ago (449+ words) A close friend of two British hikers who have been missing in the Dolomites for nearly a week has said they are "waiting anxiously" for news in the search and that "the next few hours will be crucial". Aziz Ziriat, 36, and Sam Harris, 35, have not been seen or heard from since January 1 and they did not check in for their flight home on January 6. Their last known location was near a mountain hut called Casina Dosson, close to the town of Tione Di Trento, near Riva Del Garda, on Lake Garda. Joe Stone, a university friend of Mr Ziriat, told the PA news agency the pair were "experienced hikers" who liked to go off the grid, but "alarm bells were raised" when they failed to check in for their return flight. He said: "They are experienced hikers and they go…...