News (Proprietary)
1.
The Week
theweek.in > news > india > 11/08/2025 > delhi-govt-office-timings-changed-amid-rising-air-pollution-details-here.html

Delhi govt office timings changed amid rising air pollution. Details HERE

3+ week, 1+ day ago (476+ words) According to the announcement by Chief Minister Rekha Gupta, staggered working hours will be implemented from November 15 to February 15, 2026, to ease traffic congestion and improve Delhi's air quality In light of the alarming air pollution in the national capital, Chief Minister Rekha Gupta announced a change in office timings for Delhi government and Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD) employees. To combat the city's increasing pollution, staggered working hours will be implemented from November 15 to February 15. An official statement detailed the new schedule: Delhi government offices will operate from 10 am to 6:30 pm. Meanwhile, MCD offices will begin earlier, running from 8:30 am to 5 pm. Currently, Delhi government offices work from 9:30 am to 6 pm, and MCD offices from 9 am to 5:30 pm. Given the anticipated rise in pollution from November 15 to February 15, 2026, the government introduced these new winter office timings. The official statement explained that…...

2.
The Week
theweek.in > news > defence > 11/19/2025 > was-china-behind-the-disinformation-campaign-after-operation-sindoor.html

China behind disinformation campaign after Operation Sindoor; Beijing wanted to hinder Rafale sales: Report

1+ week, 4+ day ago (435+ words) China used fake social media accounts to propagate AI images of supposed 'debris' from the planes, says the report Soon after the military conflict between India and Pakistan in May, China launched a disinformation campaign using fake social media accounts as part of its 'Gray Zone' activities, a recent report claimed. The US-China Economic and Security Review Commission, a US Congress-created advisory body, in its annual report also noted that Beijing "opportunistically" leveraged the conflict to advertise the sophistication of its weapons. "China initiated a disinformation campaign to hinder sales of French Rafale aircraft in favour of its own J-35s, using fake social media accounts to propagate AI images of supposed 'debris' from the planes that China's weaponry destroyed," the report said. India launched Operation Sindoor, a military campaign against the terrorist hubs in Pakistan and Pakistan-occupied Kashmir, in May in…...

3.
The Week
theweek.in > news > world > 11/08/2025 > why-is-us-boycotting-g20-summit-a-total-disgrace-says-trump.html

Why is US boycotting G20 summit? ‘A total disgrace’, says Trump

3+ week, 1+ day ago (433+ words) Donald Trump had already confirmed he would not participate in the G20 Summit, and Vice President J.D. Vance was expected to attend as his replacement President Donald Trump announced on Friday that the United States would skip the upcoming Group of 20 (G20) summit in South Africa, adding that no US government representatives would attend it. Emphasising that the decision was due to concerns about how the country treats its white farmers, Trump, on his social media platform, described the decision to host the G20 in South Africa as "a total disgrace", and highlighted the alleged mistreatment of Afrikaners, including violence, deaths, and the seizure of their land and farms. Trump had previously confirmed he would not participate in the annual gathering of leaders from major global economies. Vice President J.D. Vance was expected to attend as his replacement. However, an anonymous source close to Vance's…...

4.
The Week
theweek.in > news > india > 11/23/2025 > chandigarh-integral-part-of-punjab-punjab-bjp-makes-its-stand-clear-amid-raging-row.html

‘Chandigarh integral part of Punjab’: State BJP makes its stand clear amid raging row

1+ week, 7+ hour ago (368+ words) Punjab BJP stands firmly with the interests of the state, says Sunil Jakhar Amid a raging row over the Centre's proposal to bring the Union territory of Chandigarh under the ambit of Article 240, the Punjab BJP on Sunday made its stand clear, saying that the capital city is an integral part of the state. In a post on X, BJP Punjab president Sunil Jakhar said the party stands firmly with the interests of the state and that the "confusion" regarding Chandigarh will be resolved through discussion with the Centre. "Chandigarh is an integral part of Punjab, and the Punjab BJP stands firmly with the interests of the state, whether it is the issue of Chandigarh or the waters of Punjab. Whatever confusion has arisen regarding Chandigarh will be resolved by discussing it with the government. As a Punjabi myself, I…...

5.
The Week
theweek.in > news > world > 11/19/2025 > russia-feels-it-s-being-heard-inside-trump-s-secret-28-point-plan-to-end-ukraine-war.html

‘Russia feels it’s being heard’: Inside Trump’s secret 28-point plan to end Ukraine war

1+ week, 4+ day ago (427+ words) The 28-point peace plan with Russia will focus on security, U.S.-Russia relations, and lasting European stability The Trump administration is secretly working on a peace plan to end the "Ukraine war, in consultation with Russia. The 28-point plan will deal with "peace in Ukraine, security guarentees, security in Europe, and future U.S. relations with Russia and Ukraine, according to Axios. Interestingly, one Russian official told Axios that he was optimistic about the plan. The Russian envoy added that the plan was to work on the principles that US President Donald Trump and his Russian counterpart, Vladimir Putin, agreed to in Alaska. "It's actually a much broader framework, basically saying, 'How do we really bring, finally, lasting security to Europe, not just Ukraine,'" he said. However, it won't have any resemblance to the UK-led efforts to devise a Gaza-style peace plan. He…...

6.
The Week
theweek.in > news > india > 11/07/2025 > son-parth-s-controversial-pune-land-deal-cancelled-no-financial-transaction-made-ajit-pawar.html

Son Parth's controversial Pune land deal cancelled, no financial transaction made: Ajit Pawar

3+ week, 2+ day ago (426+ words) Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar announced the cancellation of a controversial Pune land deal involving his son, Parth Pawar, stating that no financial transaction occurred and his son was unaware the land belonged to the government Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar said on Friday that the controversial Pune land deal in which his son was involved has been cancelled. Pawar claimed his son was unaware that the land parcel belonged to the government, and no financial transaction was made over the deal." "The concerned land is a government land, which cannot be sold. Parth and his partner Digvijay Patil were not aware of this fact. How the registration (of its sale) was done and who is responsible will come out in the probe being headed by Additional Chief Secretary Vikas Kharge, and he will submit his report in…...

7.
The Week
theweek.in > news > middle-east > 11/07/2025 > travis-scott-concert-to-michelin-food-nights-what-to-expect-in-abu-dhabi-this-november.html

From Travis Scott concert to Michelin food nights, what to expect in Abu Dhabi this November

3+ week, 2+ day ago (462+ words) The Etihad Arena will see Travis Scott bringing his signature high-energy show and immersive visuals on November 15 As we head to the end of 2025, a slew of thrilling events are slated to enthral visitors in Abu Dhabi, whether it is headline concerts, vibrant food festivals, art showcases or sport events. The Etihad Arena will see Travis Scott bringing his signature high-energy show and immersive visuals on November 15. This comes two weeks after pop sensation Enrique Iglesias performed his chart-topping hits at the same venue. Michelin Guide Food Festival will return for a third edition from November 21 to 23 at the Emirates Palace Mandarin Oriental. Chefs from 20 Michelin-recommended restaurants will present exclusive menus and special dishes and host interactive master classes. Manar Abu Dhabi will have immersive installations from over 35 artists this year, illuminating the archipelagos, mangroves, and oases of Abu Dhabi…...

8.
The Week
theweek.in > news > sci-tech > 11/18/2025 > what-is-project-prometheus-jeff-bezos-is-co-founder-to-new-ai-startup-worth-62b.html

What is Project Prometheus? Jeff Bezos is co-founder to new AI startup worth $6.2B

1+ week, 5+ day ago (508+ words) Jeff Bezos is the co-founder of Project Prometheus, a $6.2 billion AI venture with Vik Bajaj. The project aims to create AI for physical tasks in manufacturing, aerospace, and space tech, moving beyond LLMs Amazon founder and billionaire Jeff Bezos has joined in on the Artificial Intelligence race as the co-founder of Project Prometheus. Bezos will be the co-CEO of the project along with Google researcher Vik Bajaj, according to a report in the New York Times. The project is already well-financed at its early stage with about $6.2 billion in funding. The AI market is already crowded and dominated by companies like Google, Meta, and Microsoft, along with OpenAI and Anthropic, and Bezos' company will find itself in the middle of an ongoing competition. Details of the project have not yet been made public. However, three anonymous sources who spoke to…...

9.
The Week
theweek.in > news > india > 11/10/2025 > delhi-red-fort-blast-pm-modi-condoles-deaths-and-reviews-situation-congress-seeks-thorough-probe.html

Delhi Red Fort blast: PM Modi condoles deaths and reviews situation, Congress seeks thorough probe

2+ week, 6+ day ago (540+ words) The Congress termed the blast as "extremely distressing", seeking a thorough and speedy investigation. The party, however, said the country stands united in this difficult moment Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday condoled the deaths of victims in the Delhi Red Fort blast and wished speedy recovery for the injured. Condolences to those who have lost their loved ones in the blast in Delhi earlier this evening. May the injured recover at the earliest. Those affected are being assisted by authorities. Reviewed the situation with Home Minister Amit Shah Ji and other officials.@AmitShah This comes after Union Home Minister Amit Shah spoke to the Delhi police chief and the director of the Intelligence Bureau to take stock of the situation. He visited the LNJP Hospital where the at least 24 of the injured were admitted. At least eight people have…...

10.
The Week
theweek.in > news > india > 11/14/2025 > navale-bridge-accident-why-is-the-crash-site-in-pune-called-a-black-spot.html

Navale Bridge accident: Why is the crash site in Pune called a 'black spot'?

2+ week, 2+ day ago (492+ words) Eyewitnesses say the worst affected in the collision'which killed at least 8 and injured 14 others'was a car that got sandwiched between two trucks The Pune police on Friday filed a case against the owner (as well as the deceased driver and cleaner) of a truck involved in a horrific crash at Pune's Navale Bridge that has killed at least eight people and injured 14 others. According to the police, the truck, headed for Mumbai," was speeding along the Navale Bridge area of the Pune-Bangalore Highway on Thursday evening, when it lost control'allegedly due to brake failure'and crashed into 10-15 vehicles. A probe is already underway to determine the nature of the crash in detail. Eyewitnesses say the worst affected in the collision was a car that had got sandwiched between the speeding truck and another container truck on the same route. "I saw…...

News & Web (General)